camp canberra recount

On the 24th of November 2014 the 5/6’s of MPPS got up early to head to the capitol of Australia, Canberra. WE wen by bus and it was a 9 hour drive. I couldn’t beleave it when after the first stop I already wanted to be there even though there were 7 hours of driving ahead of us.

Once we got to camp we were put into our cabins I was with Atticus, Oli and Jordan. I was the only year 6 in my cabin, we had a small amount of time outside before a talll guy called James explained all the rules to us and how to know when to go to dinner and breakfast. Then we went outside for another half hour, before we had a delicious nutritious dinner of Schnitzel and vegetables. Afterwards we had a talent show me, Jordan and atticus did a freestyle rap and the COMPLETELY RANDOM topic was ladybugs (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

My favourite thing from the first day was easily Questacon, we went from floor to floor exploring the wonders of science, In the ground floor was a robot you could ask questions and it would answer, but it would also quote a movie like terminator and The wizard of OZ. there was also a awesome slide called the freefall it was almost completely vertical except for the end which curved like a normal slide. Right next to that was a robot that played air-hockey and majority of the time won. I know this because there was s screen of all the statistics and the robot won over 100 times while the humans won less the 5 times. It was just like a science works in Canberra but better.

My favourite thing from the last day was Swimming at the AIS Australian institute of sport, we all swam for about an hour till 9:30 pm there were heaps of games going on at once and sometimes the games collided. I spent most of the time playing “mark is up” with Sam and a few others.

Finally my favourite thing on the last day was the movie we watched Mr Peabody and Sherman. It’s about a superhero genius dog with a time machine and his adopted son Sherman, mid-way through the movie we had snacks they were tasty.

After we all packed and got on the bus it was a long and painful trip all the way back to Melbourne.

The Endcamp canberra picture